Engle Printing & Publishing Co., Inc. (EPC) is a family-owned and family-operated business founded in 1954 by Alvin Engle and his wife, Pauline..
The Engles started the business with a sheet-fed Multilith press installed in the basement of their Mount Joy home. In 1959, they became publishers when they purchased the Elizabethtown–Mount Joy Merchandiser, a community advertising paper with an original press run of 5,600. Alvin left his daytime job in 1960 and became a full-time printer/publisher. The growing business overflowed into the family’s garage, then into a 20-by-100 foot shop in Mount Joy in 1965. EPC saw several expansions over the years—from new buildings, to new equipment, to publications. When Alvin passed away unexpectedly in 1971, Pauline kept the vision alive and continued the expansion efforts. EPC opened a Hempfield plant in 1999 to accommodate state-of-the-art equipment and a 16-unit, three-story Goss Universal Press.