Your Talents Can Change Lives
DOING GOOD FEELS GOOD
Rooted in values
Our values help everyone at Good Sam make decisions that help us build a happy, lasting organization focused on community leadership. See our values.
We Take Ownership
When we encounter a challenge, we figure out a way forward to resolve it together.
We're People People
Through employee communities, development programs, mentorship, and partnerships, we’re always looking for ways to reinforce our values.
Current Job Openings
Reports to: Director of Program, Lancaster COunty
Status: Full-time. Schedule will be negotiated. Non-Exempt.
Purpose: Provides direct case management services to Good Sam participants. The Resource Coordinator will manage a caseload of up to 15 participants in various stages of the continuum of care Good Sam provides (emergency housing, supportive housing, etc.) Works collaboratively with all staff members.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to the success of our participants by:
– Developing a case management plan that outlines steps to help our participants achieve their goals.
– Help the participants understand all the services that are available to them, both inside the organization and outside the organization.
– Keep participants informed on any organizational programs that are happening.
- Show strong commitment to tracking activity and collecting data on internal and external database systems.
- Maintains clear communication with participants and staff.
- Be knowledgeable of the central intake process for the county and maintain relationships with referral partners.
- Collect program fees as appropriate.
- Be mindful of the responsibility the position holds in terms of donor, volunteer and community relations.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Represent Good Sam at partner meetings.
- Meet regularly with the Director of Program for supervision.
- Assist to keep all policies and procedures relevant and current.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by leadership.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with participants as they fulfill the goals of their case management plan.
- Embodies Good Sam’s core values: Faith, Compassion, Generosity, Partnership, Gratitude, Stewardship
- Ability to assume responsibility and make decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff.
- Ability to understand and willingness to support the mission and goals of the Good Samaritan Services.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to express ideas orally and in writing
- Must provide office with a copy of current auto insurance.
- Knowledge of the social service network in Chester County/Lancaster County and southeastern Pennsylvania as well as other resources appropriate to meet participants needs.
- Be free of outstanding warrants for arrest and have a clean child clearance check.
- After hiring the Resource Coordinator will be trained in the use of passive restraints and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), First Aid, Narcan.
- Minimum – High School diploma and previous non-profit experience.
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Ministry, or other related field.
- Experience helping those in trauma, homelessness, domestic violence, sex trafficking victims, and other areas.
Pay: From $41,200 annually
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Lancaster, PA 17602: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Experience: Non-profit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Work Location: In person
Culture With a Cause
At Good Sam, compassion lies at the very core of what we do, and our dedicated team is a testament to that. We strongly believe in serving our community with genuine care and support, especially for those who may be overlooked or marginalized.
We strive to create a positive and uplifting workplace culture where every team member is valued for their unique contributions, feels supported, and can thrive. Join us in making a difference and being a part of a team that truly cares!